BYLAW NO. 121-2021
Rural Municipality of Grassy Creek No. 78
A bylaw to regulate all terrain vehicles.
The Council of the Rural Municipality of Grassy Creek No. 78in the Province of Saskatchewan enacts as follows:
- In this bylaw, including this section:
- “all terrain vehicle” and/or “ATV” means all terrain vehicle as defined in The All Terrain Vehicles Act;
- “highway” means a highway as defined in The Highway Traffic Act and includes a road, parkway, driveway, square or place designed and intended for or used by the general public for the passage of vehicles, but does not include any area, whether privately or publicly owned, that is primarily intended to be used for the parking of vehicles and the necessary passageways on that area;
- “travelled portion” means that part of a highway designed for vehicle travel including the shoulder of the road;
- “untravelled portion” means that part of a highway not designed for vehicle travel including the ditch and the center median, if any;
- “vehicle” means a vehicle as defined in The Highway Traffic Act.
To authorize operation of ATVs, use one of the following examples (section 9 ATV Act):
- A person is authorized to operate an all terrain vehicle on the travelled portion of any highway within the municipality.
- A person is authorized to operate an all terrain vehicle on the untraveled portion of any highway within the municipality.
- Any person who contravenes any of the provisions of this bylaw shall be liable to the penalty imposed by section 32 of The All Terrain Vehicles Act.
Read a third time and adopted
this _____ day of __________ , ________.